Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.GPE.1
- Expressing Geometric Properties With Equations
- Translate Between The Geometric Description And The Equation For A Conic Section
- State Standard:
- Derive the equation of a circle of given center and radius using the Pythagorean Theorem; complete the square to find the center and radius of a circle given by an equation.
- Student Outcomes Students complete the square in order to write the equation of a circle in center-radius form. Students recognize when a quadratic in x and y is the equation for a circle.
- Student Outcomes Students write the equation for a circle in center-radius form, (x - a)2 (y - b)2 = r2 using the Pythagorean theorem or the distance formula. Students write the equation of a circle...
- Topic D brings in coordinate geometry to establish the equation of a circle. Students solve problems to find the equations of specific tangent lines or the coordinates of specific points of contact...
- Geometry Module 5: Circles With and Without Coordinates This module brings together the ideas of similarity and congruence and the properties of length, area, and geometric constructions studied...