Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.6
- Understand Congruence In Terms Of Rigid Motions
- State Standard:
- Use geometric descriptions of rigid motions to transform figures and to predict the effect of a given rigid motion on a given figure; given two figures, use the definition of congruence in terms of rigid motions to decide if they are congruent.
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- Topic C, Transformations, builds on students’ intuitive understanding developed in Grade 8. With the help of manipulatives, students observed how reflections, translations, and rotations behave...
- Student Outcomes Students begin developing the capacity to speak and write articulately using the concept of congruence. This involves being able to repeat the definition of congruence and use it in...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that any point on a line of reflection is equidistant from any pair of pre-image and image points in a reflection.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...