Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.5
- Experiment With Transformations In The Plane
- State Standard:
- Given a geometric figure and a rotation, reflection, or translation, draw the transformed figure using, e.g., graph paper, tracing paper, or geometry software. Specify a sequence of transformations that will carry a given figure onto another.
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- Topic C, Transformations, builds on students’ intuitive understanding developed in Grade 8. With the help of manipulatives, students observed how reflections, translations, and rotations behave...
- Student Outcomes Students learn to construct a line parallel to a given line through a point not on that line using a rotation by 180˚. They learn how to prove the alternate interior angles theorem...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that any point on a line of reflection is equidistant from any pair of pre-image and image points in a reflection.
- Student Outcome Students learn the precise definition of a translation and perform a translation by construction.
- Student Outcomes Students learn the precise definition of a reflection. Students construct the line of reflection of a figure and its reflected image. Students construct the image of a figure when...
- Student Outcomes Students manipulate rotations by each parameter—center of rotation, angle of rotation, and a point under the rotation.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...