Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.3
- Experiment With Transformations In The Plane
- State Standard:
- Given a rectangle, parallelogram, trapezoid, or regular polygon, describe the rotations and reflections that carry it onto itself.
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- Topic C, Transformations, builds on students’ intuitive understanding developed in Grade 8. With the help of manipulatives, students observed how reflections, translations, and rotations behave...
- Student Outcomes Students learn the relationship between a reflection and a rotation. Students examine rotational symmetry within an individual figure.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...