Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.2
- Experiment With Transformations In The Plane
- State Standard:
- Represent transformations in the plane using, e.g., transparencies and geometry software; describe transformations as functions that take points in the plane as inputs and give other points as outputs. Compare transformations that preserve distance and angle to those that do not (e.g., translation versus horizontal stretch).
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- Topic C, Transformations, builds on students’ intuitive understanding developed in Grade 8. With the help of manipulatives, students observed how reflections, translations, and rotations behave...
- Student Outcome Students learn the precise definition of a translation and perform a translation by construction.
- Student Outcomes Students learn the precise definition of a reflection. Students construct the line of reflection of a figure and its reflected image. Students construct the image of a figure when...
- Student Outcomes Students manipulate rotations by each parameter—center of rotation, angle of rotation, and a point under the rotation.
- Student Outcomes Students discover the gaps in specificity regarding their understanding of transformations. Students identify the parameters they need to complete any rigid motion.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...