Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.12
- Make Geometric Constructions
- State Standard:
- Make formal geometric constructions with a variety of tools and methods (compass and straightedge, string, reflective devices, paper folding, dynamic geometric software, etc.). Copying a segment; copying an angle; bisecting a segment; bisecting an angle; constructing perpendicular lines, including the perpendicular bisector of a line segment; and constructing a line parallel to a given line through a point not on the line.
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- Topic C, Transformations, builds on students’ intuitive understanding developed in Grade 8. With the help of manipulatives, students observed how reflections, translations, and rotations behave...
- Students begin this module with Topic A, Constructions. Major constructions include an equilateral triangle, an angle bisector, and a perpendicular bisector. Students synthesize their knowledge of...
- Student Outcome Students become familiar with vocabulary regarding two points of concurrencies and understand why the points are concurrent.
- Student Outcome Students learn to construct a perpendicular bisector and about the relationship between symmetry with respect to a line and a perpendicular bisector.
- Student Outcomes Students learn how to bisect an angle as well as how to copy an angle.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...