Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.1
- Experiment With Transformations In The Plane
- State Standard:
- Know precise definitions of angle, circle, perpendicular line, parallel line, and line segment, based on the undefined notions of point, line, distance along a line, and distance around a circular arc.
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- Students begin this module with Topic A, Constructions. Major constructions include an equilateral triangle, an angle bisector, and a perpendicular bisector. Students synthesize their knowledge of...
- Student Outcomes Students review the principles addressed in Module 1.
- Student Outcomes Students examine the basic geometric assumptions from which all other facts can be derived. Students review the principles addressed in Module 1.
- Student Outcomes Students learn how to bisect an angle as well as how to copy an angle.
- Student Outcomes Students apply the equilateral triangle construction to more challenging problems. Students communicate mathematical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Student Outcomes Students learn to construct an equilateral triangle. Students communicate mathematic ideas effectively and efficiently.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...