Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.TF.5
- Trigonometric Functions
- Model Periodic Phenomena With Trigonometric Functions
- State Standard:
- Choose trigonometric functions to model periodic phenomena with specified amplitude, frequency, and midline.★
- Student Outcomes Students review how changing the parameters A, ω, h, and k in f(x) = A sin(ω(x - h)) + k affects the graph of the sine function. Students examine the example of the Ferris wheel,...
- Students will use trigonometric functions to model periodic phenomena (F-TF.B.5) by fitting sinusoidal functions to data (S-ID.B.6a). Students use the properties of the graphs of sinusoidal...
- Module 2 builds on students’ previous work with units and with functions from Algebra I, and with trigonometric ratios and circles from high school Geometry. The heart of the module is the study of...