Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.IF.8.b
- Interpreting Functions
- Analyze Functions Using Different Representations
- State Standard:
- Use the properties of exponents to interpret expressions for exponential functions. For example, identify percent rate of change in functions such as y = (1.02)t, y = (0.97)t, y = (1.01)12t, y = (1.2)t/10, and classify them as representing exponential growth or decay.
- Student Outcomes Students use geometric series to calculate how much money should be saved each month to have 1 million in assets within a specified amount of time.
- Topic E is a culminating series of lessons driven by MP.4, Modeling with Mathematics. Students apply what they have learned about mathematical models and exponential growth to financial literacy...
- Student Outcomes Students create exponential functions to model real-world situations. Students use logarithms to solve equations of the form f(t) = a ∙ bct for t. Students decide which type of model...
- Student Outcomes Students gather experimental data and determine which type of function is best to model the data. Students use properties of exponents to interpret expressions for exponential...
- Topic D opens with a hands-on simulation and modeling activity in which students gather data and apply the analysis of Lesson 22 in Topic C to model it with an exponential function (A-CED.2, F-LE.5...