Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.BF.4.a
- Building Functions
- Build New Functions From Existing Functions
- State Standard:
- Solve an equation of the form f(x) = c for a simple function f that has an inverse and write an expression for the inverse. For example, f(x) =2 x3 or f(x) = (x+1)/(x–1) for x ≠ 1.
- Student Outcomes Students apply properties of logarithms to solve exponential equations. Students relate solutions to f(x) = g(x) to the intersection point(s) on the graphs of y = f(x) and y = g(x)...
- Topic D opens with a hands-on simulation and modeling activity in which students gather data and apply the analysis of Lesson 22 in Topic C to model it with an exponential function (A-CED.2, F-LE.5...
- Student Outcomes Students will understand that the logarithm function base b and the exponential function base b are inverse functions.
- In Topic C, students graph logarithmic functions, identifying key features (F-IF.4, F-IF.7) and discover how the logarithmic properties are evidenced in the graphs of corresponding logarithmic...