Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.BF.1.c
- Building Functions
- Build A Function That Models A Relationship Between Two Quantities
- State Standard:
- (+) Compose functions. For example, if T(y) is the temperature in the atmosphere as a function of height, and h(t) is the height of a weather balloon as a function of time, then T(h(t)) is the temperature at the location of the weather balloon as a function of time.
- Student Outcome Students compose functions and describe the domain and range of the compositions.
- In Topic B, students explore composition of functions in depth and notice that a composition of a polynomial function with the function f(x) = 1/x gives functions that can be written as ratios of...
- Students revisit the fundamental theorem of algebra as they explore complex roots of polynomial functions. They use polynomial identities, the binomial theorem, and Pascal’s Triangle to find roots...
- Student Outcomes Students use linear, quadratic, and exponential functions to model data from tables, and choose the regression most appropriate to a given context. They use the correlation...
- Student Outcomes Students write equations to model data from tables, which can be represented with linear, quadratic, or exponential functions, including several from Lessons 4 and 5. They recognize...