Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.SSE.3
- Seeing Structure In Expressions
- Write Expressions In Equivalent Forms To Solve Problems
- State Standard:
- Choose and produce an equivalent form of an expression to reveal and explain properties of the quantity represented by the expression.★
- Student Outcomes Students develop a general growth/decay rate formula in the context of compound interest. Students compute future values of investments with continually compounding interest rates.
- Topic D opens with a hands-on simulation and modeling activity in which students gather data and apply the analysis of Lesson 22 in Topic C to model it with an exponential function (A-CED.2, F-LE.5...
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions In this module, students synthesize and generalize what they have learned about a variety of function families. They extend the domain of exponential functions...
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- In Topic D, students apply and reinforce the concepts of the module as they examine and compare exponential, piecewise, and step functions in a real-world context (F-IF.C.9). They create equations...
- Student Outcomes Students solve complex quadratic equations, including those with a leading coefficient other than 1, by completing the square. Some solutions may be irrational. Students draw...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a ≠ 1), as equivalent expressions in completed square form, a(x - h)2 + k. They build quadratic...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a = 1), in the equivalent completed-square form, a(x - h)2 + k, and recognize cases for which...
- Student Outcomes Students interpret word problems to create equations in one-variable and solve them (i.e., determine the solution set) using factoring and the zero product property.
- Student Outcomes Students apply knowledge of exponential functions and transformations of functions to a contextual situation.
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra I Module 3: Linear and Exponential Functions In earlier grades, students define, evaluate, and compare functions and use them to model relationships between quantities. In this module,...