Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.REI.3
- Reasoning With Equations And Inequalities
- Solve Equations And Inequalities In One Variable
- State Standard:
- Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.
- In Topic D, students are formally introduced to the modeling cycle (see page 61 of the CCLS) through problems that can be solved by creating equations and inequalities in one variable, systems of...
- Throughout middle school, students practice the process of solving linear equations (6.EE.5, 6.EE.7, 7.EE.4, 8.EE.7) and systems of linear equations (8.EE.8). Now, in Topic C, instead of just...
- Student Outcomes Students investigate a problem that can be solved by reasoning quantitatively and by creating equations in one variable. They compare the numerical approach to the algebraic approach...
- Student Outcomes Students interpret equations like 1/x = 3 as two equations “1/x = 3 ” and “x ≠ 0 ” joined by “and.” Students find the solution set for this new system of equations.
- Student Outcomes Students learn that equations of the form (x - a)(x - b) = 0 have the same solution set as two equations joined by “or:” x - a = 0 or x - b = 0. Students solve factored or easily...
- Student Outcomes Students solve two inequalities joined by “and” or “or,” then graph the solution set on the number line.
- Student Outcomes Students describe the solution set of two equations (or inequalities) joined by either “and” or “or” and graph the solution set on the number line.
- Student Outcomes Students learn if-then moves using the addition and multiplication properties of inequality to solve inequalities and graph the solution sets on the number line.
- Student Outcomes Students learn “if-then” moves using the properties of equality to solve equations. Students also explore moves that may result in an equation having more solutions than the...
- Student Outcomes Students are introduced to the formal process of solving an equation: starting from the assumption that the original equation has a solution. Students explain each step as following...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that an equation with variables is often viewed as a question asking for the set of values one can assign to the variables of the equation to make the equation a...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that an equation is a statement of equality between two expressions. When values are substituted for the variables in an equation, the equation is either true or...
- Algebra I Module 1: Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations and Their Graphs In this module students analyze and explain precisely the process of solving an equation. Through...