Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.REI.1
- Reasoning With Equations And Inequalities
- Understand Solving Equations As A Process Of Reasoning And Explain The Reasoning
- State Standard:
- Explain each step in solving a simple equation as following from the equality of numbers asserted at the previous step, starting from the assumption that the original equation has a solution. Construct a viable argument to justify a solution method.
- Student Outcomes Students develop facility in solving radical equations.
- Student Outcomes Students solve simple radical equations and understand the possibility of extraneous solutions. They understand that care must be taken with the role of square roots so as to avoid...
- Student Outcomes Students solve rational equations, monitoring for the creation of extraneous solutions.
- Students solve polynomial, rational, and radical equations, and apply these types of equations to real-world situations. They examine the conditions under which an extraneous solution is introduced...
- Throughout middle school, students practice the process of solving linear equations (6.EE.5, 6.EE.7, 7.EE.4, 8.EE.7) and systems of linear equations (8.EE.8). Now, in Topic C, instead of just...
- Student Outcomes Students learn “if-then” moves using the properties of equality to solve equations. Students also explore moves that may result in an equation having more solutions than the...
- Student Outcomes Students are introduced to the formal process of solving an equation: starting from the assumption that the original equation has a solution. Students explain each step as following...
- Algebra II Module 1: Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships Students connect polynomial arithmetic to computations with whole numbers and integers. Students learn that the arithmetic of...
- Algebra I Module 1: Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations and Their Graphs In this module students analyze and explain precisely the process of solving an equation. Through...