Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.APR.7
- Arithmetic With Polynomials And Rational Expressions
- Rewrite Rational Expressions
- State Standard:
- (+) Understand that rational expressions form a system analogous to the rational numbers, closed under addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division by a nonzero rational expression; add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational expressions.
- Student Outcomes Students reduce rational expressions to lowest terms. Students determine the domain of rational functions.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that rational expressions form a system analogous to the rational numbers, closed underaddition, subtraction, multiplication, and division by a nonzero rational...
- In Topic B, students explore composition of functions in depth and notice that a composition of a polynomial function with the function f(x) = 1/x gives functions that can be written as ratios of...
- Students revisit the fundamental theorem of algebra as they explore complex roots of polynomial functions. They use polynomial identities, the binomial theorem, and Pascal’s Triangle to find roots...
- Student Outcomes Students perform addition and subtraction of rational expressions.
- Student Outcomes Students multiply and divide rational expressions and simplify using equivalent expressions.