Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.APR.5
- Arithmetic With Polynomials And Rational Expressions
- Use Polynomial Identities To Solve Problems
- State Standard:
- (+) Know and apply the Binomial Theorem for the expansion of (x + y)n in powers of x and y for a positive integer n, where x and y are any numbers, with coefficients determined for example by Pascal’s Triangle.1
- Student Outcomes Students observe patterns in the coefficients of the terms in binomial expansions. They formalize their observations and explore the mathematical basis for them. Students use the...
- Student Outcomes Students discover patterns in the expansion of binomials, leading to the understanding of the binomial theorem. Students use Pascal’s triangle to find the coefficients of binomial...
- Topic A brings students back to the study of complex roots of polynomial functions. Students briefly review quadratic and cubic functions and then extend familiar polynomial identities to both...
- Students revisit the fundamental theorem of algebra as they explore complex roots of polynomial functions. They use polynomial identities, the binomial theorem, and Pascal’s Triangle to find roots...