Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.APR.1
- Arithmetic With Polynomials And Rational Expressions
- Perform Arithmetic Operations On Polynomials
- State Standard:
- Understand that polynomials form a system analogous to the integers, namely, they are closed under the operations of addition, subtraction, and multiplication; add, subtract, and multiply polynomials.
- Topic A introduces polynomial expressions. In Module 1, students learned the definition of a polynomial and how to add, subtract, and multiply polynomials. Here, their work with multiplication is...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that factoring reverses the multiplication process as they find the linear factors of basic, factorable quadratic trinomials. Students explore squaring a binomial...
- Student Outcomes Students use the distributive property to multiply a monomial by a polynomial and understand that factoring reverses the multiplication process. Students use polynomial expressions...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that the product of two polynomials produces another polynomial; students multiply polynomials.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that the sum or difference of two polynomials produces another polynomial and relate polynomials to the system of integers; students add and subtract polynomials...
- Student Outcomes Students use the commutative and associative properties to recognize structure within expressions and to prove equivalency of expressions.
- Student Outcomes Students use the structure of an expression to identify ways to rewrite it. Students use the distributive property to prove equivalency of expressions.
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra I Module 1: Relationships Between Quantities and Reasoning with Equations and Their Graphs In this module students analyze and explain precisely the process of solving an equation. Through...