Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.8.c
- Expressions And Equations
- Analyze And Solve Linear Equations And Pairs Of Simultaneous Linear Equations.
- State Standard:
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems leading to two linear equations in two variables. For example, given coordinates for two pairs of points, determine whether the line through the first pair of points intersects the line through the second pair.
- Student Outcomes Students learn a real-world application of linear equations with respect to the conversion of temperatures from Celsius to Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit to Celsius.
- Student Outcomes Students write word problems into systems of linear equations. Students solve systems of linear equations using elimination and substitution methods.