Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.8.b
- Expressions And Equations
- Analyze And Solve Linear Equations And Pairs Of Simultaneous Linear Equations.
- State Standard:
- Solve systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically, and estimate solutions by graphing the equations. Solve simple cases by inspection. For example, 3x + 2y = 5 and 3x + 2y = 6 have no solution because 3x + 2y cannot simultaneously be 5 and 6.
- Student Outcomes Students know that a Pythagorean triple can be obtained by multiplying any known triple by a common whole number. Students use this method to generate Pythagorean triples. Students...
- Student Outcomes Students learn the elimination method for solving a system of linear equations. Students use properties of rational numbers to find a solution to a system, if it exists, through...
- Student Outcomes Students know that since two equations in the form ax + by = c and a'x + b'y = c' graph as the same line when a'/a = b'/b = c'/c, then the system of linear equations has infinitely...
- Student Outcomes Students know that when a system of linear equations has no solution, i.e., no point of intersection of the lines, then the lines are parallel.