Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.8
- Expressions And Equations
- Analyze And Solve Linear Equations And Pairs Of Simultaneous Linear Equations.
- State Standard:
- Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
- Optional Topic E is an application of systems of linear equations (8.EE.C.8b). Specifically, a system that generates Pythagorean triples. First, students learn that a Pythagorean triple can be...
- Simultaneous equations and their solutions are the focus of Topic D. Students begin by comparing the constant speed of two individuals to determine which has greater speed (8.EE.C.8c). Students...
- Student Outcomes Students know that a Pythagorean triple can be obtained by multiplying any known triple by a common whole number. Students use this method to generate Pythagorean triples. Students...
- Student Outcomes Students learn a real-world application of linear equations with respect to the conversion of temperatures from Celsius to Fahrenheit and Fahrenheit to Celsius.
- Student Outcomes Students write word problems into systems of linear equations. Students solve systems of linear equations using elimination and substitution methods.
- Student Outcomes Students learn the elimination method for solving a system of linear equations. Students use properties of rational numbers to find a solution to a system, if it exists, through...
- Student Outcomes Students know that since two equations in the form ax + by = c and a'x + b'y = c' graph as the same line when a'/a = b'/b = c'/c, then the system of linear equations has infinitely...
- Student Outcomes Students know that when a system of linear equations has no solution, i.e., no point of intersection of the lines, then the lines are parallel.
- Student Outcomes Students graph two equations and find the point of intersection. Students identify the point of intersection of the two lines as the solution to the system. Students verify by...
- Student Outcomes Students know that a system of linear equations, also known as simultaneous equations, is when two or more equations are involved in the same problem and work must be completed on...
- Grade 8 Module 4: Linear Equations In Module 4, students extend what they already know about unit rates and proportional relationships to linear equations and their graphs. Students understand the...