Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.7.b
- Expressions And Equations
- Analyze And Solve Linear Equations And Pairs Of Simultaneous Linear Equations.
- State Standard:
- Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite and solve equations that are not obviously linear equations using properties of equality.
- Student Outcomes Students apply knowledge of geometry to writing and solving linear equations.
- Student Outcomes Students extend the use of the properties of equality to solve linear equations having rational coefficients.
- Student Outcomes Students know that a linear equation is a statement of equality between two expressions. Students know that a linear equation in x is actually a question: Can you find all numbers...
- Student Outcomes Students know the properties of linear and non-linear expressions in x. Students transcribe and identify expressions as linear or non-linear.
- Student Outcomes Students write mathematical statements using symbols to represent numbers. Students know that written statements can be written as more than one correct mathematical sentence.