Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.7
- Expressions And Equations
- Analyze And Solve Linear Equations And Pairs Of Simultaneous Linear Equations.
- State Standard:
- Solve linear equations in one variable.
- In Topic A, students begin by transcribing written statements using symbolic notation. Then, students write linear and non-linear expressions leading to linear equations, which are solved using...
- Student Outcomes Students know how to rewrite an exponential expression that represents a series as a linear equation.
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite and solve equations that are not obviously linear equations using properties of equality.
- Student Outcomes Students know the conditions for which a linear equation will have a unique solution, no solution, or infinitely many solutions.
- Student Outcomes Students transform equations into simpler forms using the distributive property. Students learn that not every linear equation has a solution.
- Student Outcomes Students apply knowledge of geometry to writing and solving linear equations.
- Student Outcomes Students extend the use of the properties of equality to solve linear equations having rational coefficients.
- Student Outcomes Students know that a linear equation is a statement of equality between two expressions. Students know that a linear equation in x is actually a question: Can you find all numbers...
- Student Outcomes Students know the properties of linear and non-linear expressions in x. Students transcribe and identify expressions as linear or non-linear.
- Student Outcomes Students write mathematical statements using symbols to represent numbers. Students know that written statements can be written as more than one correct mathematical sentence.
- Grade 8 Module 4: Linear Equations In Module 4, students extend what they already know about unit rates and proportional relationships to linear equations and their graphs. Students understand the...