Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.6
- Expressions And Equations
- Understand The Connections Between Proportional Relationships, Lines, And Linear Equations.
- State Standard:
- Use similar triangles to explain why the slope m is the same between any two distinct points on a non-vertical line in the coordinate plane; derive the equation y = mx for a line through the origin and the equation y = mx + b for a line intercepting the vertical axis at b.
- In Topic C, students know that the slope of a line describes the rate of change of a line. Students first encounter slope by interpreting the unit rate of a graph (8.EE.B.5). In general, students...
- Student Outcomes Students know that two equations in the form of ax + by = c and a'x + b'y = c' graph as the same line when a'/a = b'/b = c'/c and at least one of a or b is nonzero. Students know...
- Student Outcomes Students graph equations in the form of y = mx + b using information about slope and y-intercept. Students know that if they have two straight lines with the same slope and a common...
- Student Outcomes Students show that the slope of a line joining any two distinct points of the graph of y = mx + b has slope, m. Students transform the standard form of an equation into y = -(a/b)x...
- Student Outcomes Students use similar triangles to explain why the slope m is the same between any two distinct points on a non-vertical line in the coordinate plane. Students use the slope formula...
- Student Outcomes Students know slope is a number that describes the steepness or slant of a line. Students interpret the unit rate as the slope of a graph.
- Grade 8 Module 4: Linear Equations In Module 4, students extend what they already know about unit rates and proportional relationships to linear equations and their graphs. Students understand the...