Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.5
- Expressions And Equations
- Understand The Connections Between Proportional Relationships, Lines, And Linear Equations.
- State Standard:
- Graph proportional relationships, interpreting the unit rate as the slope of the graph. Compare two different proportional relationships represented in different ways. For example, compare a distance-time graph to a distance-time equation to determine which of two moving objects has greater speed.
- In Topic B, students work with constant speed, a concept learned in Grade 6 (6.RP.A.3), but this time with proportional relationships related to average speed and constant speed. These relationships...
- In Topic C, students know that the slope of a line describes the rate of change of a line. Students first encounter slope by interpreting the unit rate of a graph (8.EE.B.5). In general, students...
- Simultaneous equations and their solutions are the focus of Topic D. Students begin by comparing the constant speed of two individuals to determine which has greater speed (8.EE.C.8c). Students...