Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 8.EE.4
- Expressions And Equations
- Work With Radicals And Integer Exponents.
- State Standard:
- Perform operations with numbers expressed in scientific notation, including problems where both decimal and scientific notation are used. Use scientific notation and choose units of appropriate size for measurements of very large or very small quantities (e.g., use millimeters per year for seafloor spreading). Interpret scientific notation that has been generated by technology.
- In Topic B, students’ understanding of integer exponents is expanded to include the concept of magnitude as a measurement. Students learn to estimate how big or how small a number is using magnitude...
- Student Outcomes Students compare numbers expressed in scientific notation. Students apply the laws of exponents to interpret data and use technology to compute with very large numbers.
- Student Outcomes Students understand how choice of unit determines how easy or difficult it is to understand an expression of measurement. Students determine appropriate units for various...
- Student Outcomes Students continue to practice working with very small and very large numbers expressed in scientific notation. Students read, write, and perform operations on numbers expressed in...
- Student Outcomes Students practice operations with numbers expressed in scientific notation and standard notation.
- Student Outcomes Students write, add and subtract numbers in scientific notation and understand what is meant by the term leading digit.
- Grade 8 Mathematics Module 1: Integer Exponents and Scientific Notation In Grade 8 Module 1, students expand their basic knowledge of positive integer exponents and prove the Laws of Exponents for...