Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 7.RP.2.c
- Ratios And Proportional Relationships
- Analyze Proportional Relationships And Use Them To Solve Real-World And Mathematical Problems.
- State Standard:
- Represent proportional relationships by equations. For example, if total cost t is proportional to the number n of items purchased at a constant price p, the relationship between the total cost and the number of items can be expressed as t = pn.
- The problem-solving material in Topic D provides students with further applications of percent and exposure to problems involving population, mixtures, and counting, in preparation for later topics...
- Topic A builds on students’ conceptual understanding of percent from Grade 6 (6.RP.3c), and relates 100% to “the whole.” Students represent percents as decimals and fractions and extend their...
- In Topic B, students learn that the unit rate of a collection of equivalent ratios is called the constant of proportionality and can be used to represent proportional relationships with equations of...
- Student Outcomes Students write and use algebraic expressions and equations to solve percent word problems related to mixtures.
- Student Outcomes Students write and use algebraic expressions and equations to solve percent word problems related to populations of people and compilations.
- Student Outcomes Students understand the terms original price, selling price, markup, markdown, markup rate, and markdown rate. Students identify the original price as the whole and use their...
- Student Outcomes Students use the context of a word problem to determine which of two quantities represents the whole. Students understand that the whole is 100% and think of one quantity as a...
- Student Outcomes Students identify the same value relating the measures of x and the measures of y in a proportional relationship as the constant of proportionality and recognize it as the unit rate...