Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 7.NS.1.b
- The Number System
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Operations With Fractions To Add, Subtract, Multiply, And Divide Rational Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Understand p + q as the number located a distance |q| from p, in the positive or negative direction depending on whether q is positive or negative. Show that a number and its opposite have a sum of 0 (are additive inverses). Interpret sums of rational numbers by describing real-world contexts.
- Student Outcomes Students justify the rule for subtraction: Subtracting a number is the same as adding its opposite. Students relate the rule for subtraction to the Integer Game: removing (...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the rules for adding integers: Add integers with the same sign by adding the absolute values and using the common sign. Add integers with opposite signs by...
- Student Outcomes Students understand addition of integers as putting together or counting up, where counting up a negative number of times is counting down. Students use arrows to show the sum of two...
- Student Outcomes Students model integer addition on the number line by using horizontal arrows; e.g., an arrow for is a horizontal arrow of length pointing in the negative direction. Students...