Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 7.EE.2
- Expressions And Equations
- Use Properties Of Operations To Generate Equivalent Expressions.
- State Standard:
- Understand that rewriting an expression in different forms in a problem context can shed light on the problem and how the quantities in it are related. For example, a + 0.05a = 1.05a means that “increase by 5%” is the same as “multiply by 1.05.”
- To begin this module, students will generate equivalent expressions using the fact that addition and multiplication can be done in any order with any grouping and will extend this understanding to...
- In Topic C, students problem-solve with rational numbers and draw upon their work from Grade 6 with expressions and equations (6.EE.A.2, 6.EE.A.3, 6.EE.A.4, 6.EE.B.5, 6.EE.B.6, 6.EE.B.7). They...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite rational number expressions by collecting like terms and combining them by repeated use of the distributive property.
- Student Outcomes Students use an area model to write products as sums and sums as products. Students use the fact that the opposite of a number is the same as multiplying by -1 to write the opposite...
- Student Outcomes Students use an area/rectangular array model and distributive property to write products as sums and sums as products. Students use the fact that the opposite of a number is the same...
- Grade 7 Module 3: Expressions and Equations This module consolidates and expands upon students’ understanding of equivalent expressions as they apply the properties of operations to write expressions...
- Grade 7 Module 2: Rational Numbers In Grade 6, students formed a conceptual understanding of integers through the use of the number line, absolute value, and opposites and extended their...