Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.SP.5.a
- Statistics And Probability
- Summarize And Describe Distributions.
- State Standard:
- Reporting the number of observations.
- Student Outcomes Based on the data collected by students or on a sample set of data (for cases in which collecting data was not possible), students communicate conclusions based on the data...
- Student Outcomes Given a data set, students are able to describe the data collected, including the number of responses, mean or median, and the MAD or the interquartile range (IQR).
- Student Outcomes Given a frequency histogram, students are able to describe the data collected, including the number of responses, an estimate of the mean or median, and an estimate of the...
- Student Outcomes Given box plots of at least two data sets, students will comment on similarities and differences in the distributions.
- Student Outcomes Students match the graphical representations and numerical summaries of a distribution. Matches involve dot plots, histograms, and summary statistics.
- Student Outcomes Students construct a statistical question and a plan to collect data to answer the question. Given a statistical question, students use data to construct appropriate graphical and...
- Student Outcomes Given a data set, students calculate the median of the data. Students estimate the percent of values above and below the median value.
- Student Outcomes Students construct a relative frequency histogram. Students recognize that the shape of a histogram does not change when relative frequency is used compared to when frequency is used...