Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.SP.1
- Statistics And Probability
- Develop Understanding Of Statistical Variability.
- State Standard:
- Recognize a statistical question as one that anticipates variability in the data related to the question and accounts for it in the answers. For example, “How old am I?” is not a statistical question, but “How old are the students in my school?” is a statistical question because one anticipates variability in students’ ages.
- In Topic A, students begin to think and reason statistically, first by recognizing a statistical question as one that can be answered by collecting data (6.SP.A.1). Students learn that the data...
- Student Outcomes Students construct a statistical question and a plan to collect data to answer the question. Given a statistical question, students use data to construct appropriate graphical and...
- Student Outcomes Students distinguish between statistical questions and those that are not statistical. Students formulate a statistical question and explain what data could be collected to answer...
- Grade 6 Module 6: Statistics In this module, students move from simply representing data into analysis of data. Students begin to think and reason statistically, first by recognizing a statistical...