Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.RP.2
- Ratios And Proportional Relationships
- Understand Ratio Concepts And Use Ratio Reasoning To Solve Problems.
- State Standard:
- Understand the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ratio a:b with b ≠ 0, and use rate language in the context of a ratio relationship. For example, “This recipe has a ratio of 3 cups of flour to 4 cups of sugar, so there is 3/4 cup of flour for each cup of sugar.” “We paid $75 for 15 hamburgers, which is a rate of $5 per hamburger.”1
- In Topic C, students build further on their understanding of ratios and the value of a ratio as they come to understand that a ratio of 5 miles to 2 hours corresponds to a rate of 2.5 miles per hour...
- Student Outcomes While there is no physical way to divide two different quantities like (5 miles)/(2 hours), students make use of the structure of division and ratios to model (5 miles)/(2 hours) as...
- Student Outcomes Students solve problems by analyzing different unit rates given in tables, equations, and graphs.
- Student Outcomes Given a rate, students find ratios associated with the rate, including a ratio where the second term is one and a ratio where both terms are whole numbers. Students recognize that...
- Student Outcomes Students recognize that they can associate a ratio of two quantities, such as the ratio of miles per hour is 5:2, to another quantity called the rate. Given a ratio, students...
- Grade 6 Mathematics Module 1: Ratios and Unit Rates Students begin their sixth grade year investigating the concepts of ratio and rate. They use multiple forms of ratio language and ratio notation,...