Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.RP.1
- Ratios And Proportional Relationships
- Understand Ratio Concepts And Use Ratio Reasoning To Solve Problems.
- State Standard:
- Understand the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe a ratio relationship between two quantities. For example, “The ratio of wings to beaks in the bird house at the zoo was 2:1, because for every 2 wings there was 1 beak.” “For every vote candidate A received, candidate C received nearly three votes.”
- Students' previous experience solving problems involving multiplicative comparisons, such as “Max has three times as many toy cars as Jack,” (4.OA.2) serves as the conceptual foundation for...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the value of a ratio A:B is A/B. They understand that if two ratios are equivalent, the ratios have the same value. Students use the value of a ratio to solve...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the relationship between ratios and fractions. Students describe the fraction A/B associated with the ratio A:B as the value of the ratio A to B. Students...
- Student Outcomes Students use tape diagrams to find an equivalent ratio when given the part-to-part ratio and the total of those two quantities. Students use tape diagrams to find an equivalent...
- Student Outcomes Given a ratio, students identify equivalent ratios. Students use tape diagrams and the description of equivalent ratios to determine if two ratios are equivalent. Students relate...
- Student Outcomes Students develop an intuitive understanding of equivalent ratios by using tape diagrams to explore possible quantities of each part when given the part-to-part ratio. Students use...
- Student Outcomes Students reinforce their understanding that a ratio is an ordered pair of non-negative numbers, which are not both zero. Students continue to learn and use the precise language and...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that a ratio is an ordered pair of non-negative numbers, which are not both zero. Students understand that a ratio is often used instead of describing the first...
- Grade 6 Mathematics Module 1: Ratios and Unit Rates Students begin their sixth grade year investigating the concepts of ratio and rate. They use multiple forms of ratio language and ratio notation,...