Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.NS.8
- The Number System
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Numbers To The System Of Rational Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems by graphing points in all four quadrants of the coordinate plane. Include use of coordinates and absolute value to find distances between points with the same first coordinate or the same second coordinate.
- In Topic C, students extend their understanding of the ordering of rational numbers in one dimension (on a number line) to the two-dimensional space of the coordinate plane. They construct the plane...
- Student Outcomes Students solve problems related to the distance between points that lie on the same horizontal or vertical line. Students use the coordinate plane to graph points, line segments and...
- Student Outcomes Students compute the length of horizontal and vertical line segments with integer coordinates for endpoints in the coordinate plane by counting the number of units between end points...
- Grade 6 Module 3: Rational Numbers Students are familiar with the number line and determining the location of positive fractions, decimals, and whole numbers from previous grades. Students extend the...