Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.NS.7.b
- The Number System
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Numbers To The System Of Rational Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Write, interpret, and explain statements of order for rational numbers in real-world contexts. For example, write –3 oC > –7 oC to express the fact that –3 oC is warmer than –7 oC.
- Student Outcomes Students apply understanding of order and absolute value when examining real world scenarios. Students realize, for instance, that the depth of a location below sea level is the...
- Student Outcomes Students write and explain inequality statements involving rational numbers. Students justify inequality statements involving rational numbers.
- Student Outcomes Students write, interpret, and explain statements of order for rational numbers in the real-world. Students recognize that if a < b, then -a > -b, because a number and its...