Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.NS.6.c
- The Number System
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Numbers To The System Of Rational Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Find and position integers and other rational numbers on a horizontal or vertical number line diagram; find and position pairs of integers and other rational numbers on a coordinate plane.
- In Topic C, students extend their understanding of the ordering of rational numbers in one dimension (on a number line) to the two-dimensional space of the coordinate plane. They construct the plane...
- In Topic B, students apply their understanding of a rational number’s position on the number line (6.NS.C.6c) to order rational numbers. Students understand that when using a conventional horizontal...
- Topic A focuses on the development of the number line in the opposite direction (to the left or below zero). Students use positive integers to locate negative integers, understanding that a number...