Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.NS.6.b
- The Number System
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Numbers To The System Of Rational Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Understand signs of numbers in ordered pairs as indicating locations in quadrants of the coordinate plane; recognize that when two ordered pairs differ only by signs, the locations of the points are related by reflections across one or both axes.
- In Topic C, students extend their understanding of the ordering of rational numbers in one dimension (on a number line) to the two-dimensional space of the coordinate plane. They construct the plane...
- Student Outcomes Students solve problems related to the distance between points that lie on the same horizontal or vertical line. Students use the coordinate plane to graph points, line segments and...
- Student Outcomes Students compute the length of horizontal and vertical line segments with integer coordinates for endpoints in the coordinate plane by counting the number of units between end points...
- Student Outcomes Students draw a coordinate plane on graph paper in two steps: (1) Draw and order the horizontal and vertical axes; (2) Mark the number scale on each axis. Given some points as...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that two numbers are said to differ only by signs if they are opposite of each other. Students recognize that when two ordered pairs differ only by sign of one or...
- Student Outcomes Students extend their understanding of the coordinate plane to include all four quadrants, and recognize that the axes (identified as the -axis and -axis) of the coordinate plane...
- Student Outcomes Students use ordered pairs to name points in a grid and to locate points on a map. Students identify the first number in an ordered pair as the first coordinate and the second number...