Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.NS.6.a
- The Number System
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Numbers To The System Of Rational Numbers.
- State Standard:
- Recognize opposite signs of numbers as indicating locations on opposite sides of 0 on the number line; recognize that the opposite of the opposite of a number is the number itself, e.g., –(–3) = 3, and that 0 is its own opposite.
- Topic A focuses on the development of the number line in the opposite direction (to the left or below zero). Students use positive integers to locate negative integers, understanding that a number...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that, for instance, the opposite of -5 is denoted -(-5) and is equal to 5. In general, they know that the opposite of the opposite is the original number; e.g...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that each nonzero integer, a, has an opposite, denoted -a; and that -a and a are opposites if they are on opposite sides of zero and are the same distance from...
- Student Outcomes Students extend their understanding of the number line, which includes zero and numbers to the right, that are above zero, and numbers to the left, that are below zero. Students use...