Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.NS.3
- The Number System
- Compute Fluently With Multi-Digit Numbers And Find Common Factors And Multiples.
- State Standard:
- Fluently add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm for each operation.
- In Grades 4 and 5, students used concrete models, pictorial representations, and properties to divide whole numbers (4.NBT.6, 5.NBT.6). They became efficient in applying the standard algorithm for...
- Prior to division of decimals, students will revisit all decimal operations in Topic B. Students have had extensive experience of decimal operations to the hundredths and thousandths (5.NBT.7),...
- Student Outcomes Students use their knowledge of dividing multi-digit numbers to solve for quotients of multi-digit decimals. Students understand the mathematical concept of decimal placement in the...
- Student Outcomes Students use the algorithm to divide multi-digit numbers with and without remainders. Students compare their answer to estimates to justify reasonable quotients. Students understand...
- Student Outcomes Students use estimation and place value to determine the placement of the decimal point in products and to determine that the size of the product is relative to each factor. Students...
- Student Outcomes Through the use of arrays and partial products, students strategize and apply the distributive property to find the product of decimals.
- Student Outcomes Students relate decimals to mixed numbers and round addends, minuends, and subtrahends to whole numbers in order to predict reasonable answers. Students use their knowledge of adding...
- Grade 6 Module 2: Arithmetic Operations Including Division of Fractions In Module 1, students used their existing understanding of multiplication and division as they began their study of ratios and...