Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.G.4
- Solve Real-World And Mathematical Problems Involving Area, Surface Area, And Volume.
- State Standard:
- Represent three-dimensional figures using nets made up of rectangles and triangles, and use the nets to find the surface area of these figures. Apply these techniques in the context of solving real-world and mathematical problems.
- Module 5 concludes with deconstructing the faces of solid figures to determine surface area. Students note the difference between finding the volume of right rectangular prisms and finding the...
- Student Outcomes Students determine the surface area of three-dimensional figures in real-world contexts. Students choose appropriate formulas to solve real-life volume and surface area problems.
- Student Outcomes Students determine that a right rectangular prism has six faces: top and bottom, front and back, and two sides. They determine that surface area is obtained by adding the areas of...
- Student Outcomes Students use nets to determine the surface area of three-dimensional figures.
- Student Outcomes Students construct nets of three-dimensional objects using the measurements of a solid’s edges.
- Student Outcomes Students construct three-dimensional figures through the use of nets. They determine which nets make specific solid figures and determine if nets can or cannot make a solid figure.
- Grade 6 Module 5: Area, Surface Area, and Volume Problems In this module, students utilize their previous experiences in order to understand and develop formulas for area, volume, and surface area. ...