Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.G.3
- Solve Real-World And Mathematical Problems Involving Area, Surface Area, And Volume.
- State Standard:
- Draw polygons in the coordinate plane given coordinates for the vertices; use coordinates to find the length of a side joining points with the same first coordinate or the same second coordinate. Apply these techniques in the context of solving real-world and mathematical problems.
- In Module 3, students used coordinates and absolute value to find distances between points on a coordinate plane (6.NS.C.8). In Topic B, students extend this learning to Lessons 7 and 8 where they...
- Student Outcomes Students determine distance, perimeter, and area in real-world contexts.
- Student Outcomes Students find the perimeter of irregular figures using coordinates to find the length of a side joining points with the same first coordinate or the same second coordinate. Students...
- Student Outcomes Given coordinates for the vertices, students draw polygons in the coordinate plane. Students find the area enclosed by a polygon by composing or decomposing using polygons with...
- Student Outcomes Students use absolute value to determine distance between integers on the coordinate plane in order to find side lengths of polygons.
- Grade 6 Module 5: Area, Surface Area, and Volume Problems In this module, students utilize their previous experiences in order to understand and develop formulas for area, volume, and surface area. ...