Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.G.2
- Solve Real-World And Mathematical Problems Involving Area, Surface Area, And Volume.
- State Standard:
- Find the volume of a right rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths by packing it with unit cubes of the appropriate unit fraction edge lengths, and show that the volume is the same as would be found by multiplying the edge lengths of the prism. Apply the formulas V = l w h and V = b h to find volumes of right rectangular prisms with fractional edge lengths in the context of solving real-world and mathematical problems.
- Module 5 concludes with deconstructing the faces of solid figures to determine surface area. Students note the difference between finding the volume of right rectangular prisms and finding the...
- In Grade 5, students recognized volume as an attribute of solid figures. They measured volume by packing right rectangular prisms with unit cubes and found that determining volume was the same as...
- Student Outcomes Students determine the surface area of three-dimensional figures in real-world contexts. Students choose appropriate formulas to solve real-life volume and surface area problems.
- Student Outcomes Students apply the formulas for surface area and volume to determine missing dimensions of aquariums and water level.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that volume is additive and apply volume formulas to determine the volume of composite solid figures in real-world contexts. Students apply volume formulas to...
- Student Outcomes Students develop, understand, and apply formulas for finding the volume of right rectangular prisms and cubes.
- Student Outcomes Students extend the volume formula for a right rectangular prism to the formula V = Area of base times height. They understand that any face can be the base.
- Student Outcomes Students extend their understanding of the volume of a right rectangular prism with integer side lengths to right rectangular prisms with fractional side lengths. They apply the...
- Grade 6 Module 5: Area, Surface Area, and Volume Problems In this module, students utilize their previous experiences in order to understand and develop formulas for area, volume, and surface area. ...