Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.G.1
- Solve Real-World And Mathematical Problems Involving Area, Surface Area, And Volume.
- State Standard:
- Find the area of right triangles, other triangles, special quadrilaterals, and polygons by composing into rectangles or decomposing into triangles and other shapes; apply these techniques in the context of solving real-world and mathematical problems.
- In Topic A, students use composition and decomposition to determine the area of triangles, quadrilaterals, and other polygons. They determine that area is additive. Students learn through...
- Student Outcomes Students determine the area of composite figures in real-life contextual situations using composition and decomposition of polygons. Students determine the area of a missing region...
- Student Outcomes Students show the area formula for the region bounded by a polygon by decomposing the region into triangles and other polygons. They understand that the area of a polygon is...
- Student Outcomes Students construct the altitude for three different cases: an altitude that is a side of a right angle, an altitude that lies over the base, and an altitude that is outside the...
- Student Outcomes Students show the area formula for a triangular region by decomposing a triangle into right triangles. For a given triangle, the height of the triangle is the length of the altitude...
- Student Outcomes Students justify the area formula for a right triangle by viewing the right triangle as part of a rectangle composed of two right triangles.
- Student Outcomes Students show the area formula for the region bounded by a parallelogram by composing it into rectangles. They understand that the area of a parallelogram is the area of the region...
- Grade 6 Module 5: Area, Surface Area, and Volume Problems In this module, students utilize their previous experiences in order to understand and develop formulas for area, volume, and surface area. ...