Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.EE.9
- Expressions And Equations
- Represent And Analyze Quantitative Relationships Between Dependent And Independent Variables.
- State Standard:
- Use variables to represent two quantities in a real-world problem that change in relationship to one another; write an equation to express one quantity, thought of as the dependent variable, in terms of the other quantity, thought of as the independent variable. Analyze the relationship between the dependent and independent variables using graphs and tables, and relate these to the equation. For example, in a problem involving motion at constant speed, list and graph ordered pairs of distances and times, and write the equation d = 65t to represent the relationship between distance and time.
- In Topic H, students use their prior knowledge from Module 1 to contruct tables of independent and dependent values in order to analyze equations with two variables from real-life contexts. They...
- Student Outcomes Students analyze an equation in two variables, choose an independent variable and a dependent variable, make a table and make a graph for the equation by plotting the points in the...
- Student Outcomes Students analyze an equation in two variables to choose an independent variable and dependent variable. Students determine whether or not the equation is solved for the second...
- Grade 6 Module 4: Expressions and Equations In Module 4, Expressions and Equations, students extend their arithmetic work to include using letters to represent numbers in order to understand that...