Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.EE.6
- Expressions And Equations
- Reason About And Solve One-Variable Equations And Inequalities.
- State Standard:
- Use variables to represent numbers and write expressions when solving a real-world or mathematical problem; understand that a variable can represent an unknown number, or, depending on the purpose at hand, any number in a specified set.
- In Topic H, students use their prior knowledge from Module 1 to contruct tables of independent and dependent values in order to analyze equations with two variables from real-life contexts. They...
- In Topic G, students are introduced to the fact that equations have a structure similar to some grammatical sentences. Some sentences are true: “George Washington was the first president of the...
- Student Outcomes Students use their knowledge of simplifying expressions, order of operations and properties of equality to calculate the solution of multi-step equations. Students use tables to...
- Student Outcomes Students calculate the solution of one-step equations by using their knowledge of order of operations and the properties of equality for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and...
- Student Outcomes Students evaluate and write formulas involving exponents for given values in real-world problems.
- Student Outcomes Students develop formulas involving multiplication and addition from real-world problems. Students evaluate these formulas for given values.
- Student Outcomes Students develop expressions involving multiplication and division from real-world problems. Students evaluate these expressions for given values.
- Student Outcomes Students develop expressions involving addition and subtraction from real-world problems. Students evaluate these expressions for given values.
- Student Outcomes Students use variables to write expressions involving addition and subtraction from real-world problems. Students evaluate these expressions when given the value of the variable.
- Grade 6 Module 4: Expressions and Equations In Module 4, Expressions and Equations, students extend their arithmetic work to include using letters to represent numbers in order to understand that...