Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 6.EE.1
- Expressions And Equations
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Arithmetic To Algebraic Expressions.
- State Standard:
- Write and evaluate numerical expressions involving whole-number exponents.
- In Topic B, students experience special notations of operations. They determine that 3x = x + x + x is not the same as x3, which is x times x times x. Applying their prior knowledge from Grade 5,...
- Student Outcomes Students evaluate numerical expressions. They recognize that in the absence of parentheses, exponents are evaluated first.
- Student Outcomes Students discover that 3x = x + x + x is not the same thing as x3 which is x times x times x. Students understand that a base number can be represented with a positive whole number...
- Grade 6 Module 4: Expressions and Equations In Module 4, Expressions and Equations, students extend their arithmetic work to include using letters to represent numbers in order to understand that...