Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 5.NF.7.b
- Number And Operations—Fractions
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Multiplication And Division To Multiply And Divide Fractions.
- State Standard:
- Interpret division of a whole number by a unit fraction, and compute such quotients. For example, create a story context for 4 ÷ (1/5), and use a visual fraction model to show the quotient. Use the relationship between multiplication and division to explain that 4 ÷ (1/5) = 20 because 20 × (1/5) = 4.
- Objective: Solidify fluency with Grade 5 skills.
- Objective: Connect division by a unit fraction to division by 1 tenth and 1 hundredth.
- Objective: Divide a unit fraction by a whole number.