Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 5.NF.4.b
- Number And Operations—Fractions
- Apply And Extend Previous Understandings Of Multiplication And Division To Multiply And Divide Fractions.
- State Standard:
- Find the area of a rectangle with fractional side lengths by tiling it with unit squares of the appropriate unit fraction side lengths, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths. Multiply fractional side lengths to find areas of rectangles, and represent fraction products as rectangular areas.
- Objective: Multiply mixed number factors, and relate to the distributive property and area model.
- Objective: Measure to find the area of rectangles with fractional side lengths.
- Objective: Find the area of rectangles with mixed-by-mixed and fraction-by-fraction side lengths by tiling, record by drawing, and relate to fraction multiplication.
- Objective: Find the area of rectangles with whole-by-mixed and whole-by-fractional number side lengths by tiling, record by drawing, and relate to fraction multiplication.