Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 5.NF.1
- Number And Operations—Fractions
- Use Equivalent Fractions As A Strategy To Add And Subtract Fractions.
- State Standard:
- Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) by replacing given fractions with equivalent fractions in such a way as to produce an equivalent sum or difference of fractions with like denominators. For example, 2/3 + 5/4 = 8/12 + 15/12 = 23/12. (In general, a/b + c/d = (ad + bc)/bd.)
- Welcome to “Math Studio Talk” a video series that provides games, activities and models to help students develop flexible thinking and deep understanding of math concepts from kindergarten to Grade 5...
- Objective: Explore part to whole relationships.
- Objective: Subtract fractions greater than or equal to 1.
- Objective: Subtract fractions making like units numerically.
- Objective: Add fractions with sums greater than 2.
- Objective: Add fractions making like units numerically.
- Objective: Add fractions to and subtract fractions from whole numbers using equivalence and the number line as strategies.
- Objective: Solve two-step word problems.
- Objective: Subtract fractions with unlike units using the strategy of creating equivalent fractions.
- Objective: Add fractions with sums between 1 and 2.
- Objective: Add fractions with unlike units using the strategy of creating equivalent fractions.
- Grade 5 Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions In Module 3, students' understanding of addition and subtraction of fractions extends from earlier work with fraction equivalence and decimals...