Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.OA.9
- Operations And Algebraic Thinking
- Solve Problems Involving The Four Operations, And Identify And Explain Patterns In Arithmetic.
- State Standard:
- Identify arithmetic patterns (including patterns in the addition table or multiplication table), and explain them using properties of operations. For example, observe that 4 times a number is always even, and explain why 4 times a number can be decomposed into two equal addends.
- In Topic F, students multiply by multiples of 10 (3.NBT.3). To solve a fact like 2 × 30, they first model the basic fact 2 × 3 on the place value chart. Place value understanding helps them to...
- In Topic E, students begin by working with facts using units of 0 and 1. From a procedural standpoint, these are simple facts that require little time for students to master; however, understanding...
- Topic D introduces units of 9 over three days, exploring a variety of arithmetic patterns that become engaging strategies for quickly learning facts with automaticity (3.OA.3, 3.OA.7, 3.OA.9). Nines...
- Topic B introduces units of 6 and 7, factors that are well suited to Level 2 skip-counting strategies and to the Level 3 distributive property strategy, already familiar from Module 1. Students...
- Topic A begins by revisiting the commutative property. Students study familiar facts from Module 1 to identify known facts using units of 6, 7, 8, and 9 (3.OA.5, 3.OA.7). They realize that they...
- Grade 3 Module 3: Multiplication and Division with Units of 0, 1, 6–9, and Multiples of 10 This 25-day module builds directly on students’ work with multiplication and division in Module 1. Module 3...