Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: 3.OA.4
- Operations And Algebraic Thinking
- Represent And Solve Problems Involving Multiplication And Division.
- State Standard:
- Determine the unknown whole number in a multiplication or division equation relating three whole numbers. For example, determine the unknown number that makes the equation true in each of the equations 8 × ? = 48, 5 = � ÷ 3, 6 × 6 = ?.
- Welcome to “Math Studio Talk” a video series that provides games, activities and models to help students develop flexible thinking and deep understanding of math concepts from kindergarten to Grade 5...
- Topic D introduces units of 9 over three days, exploring a variety of arithmetic patterns that become engaging strategies for quickly learning facts with automaticity (3.OA.3, 3.OA.7, 3.OA.9). Nines...
- Topic C anticipates the formal introduction of the associative property with a lesson on making use of structure to problem solve. Students learn the conventional order for performing operations...
- Topic B introduces units of 6 and 7, factors that are well suited to Level 2 skip-counting strategies and to the Level 3 distributive property strategy, already familiar from Module 1. Students...
- Topic A begins by revisiting the commutative property. Students study familiar facts from Module 1 to identify known facts using units of 6, 7, 8, and 9 (3.OA.5, 3.OA.7). They realize that they...
- In Topic D students model, write and solve partitive and measurement division problems with 2 and 3 (3.OA.2). Consistent skip-counting strategies and the continued use of array models are pathways...
- Grade 3 Module 3: Multiplication and Division with Units of 0, 1, 6–9, and Multiples of 10 This 25-day module builds directly on students’ work with multiplication and division in Module 1. Module 3...
- Grade 3 Module 1: Properties of Multiplication and Division and Solving Problems with Units of 2–5 and 10 This 25-day module begins the year by building on students’ fluency with addition and...